BlueJeans App Requirements
For the best BlueJeans experience, users should download and install our desktop software. Click here to learn more about the BlueJeans App.
- Windows - 10, 8, 7 (SP1+), and Vista (SP2+)
- Mac - OS X 10.9+
- Linux - RHEL 7+ and Fedora 22+
Cameras: Almost all native (integrated) webcams are compatible with BlueJeans. External Cameras that have been tested are listed below.
- Logitech - C100, C120, C310
- Microsoft LifeCam - HD-3000 and HD-6000
Cameras that are connected through capture cards- such as BlackMagic Intensity Pro, Grass Valley ADVC110.
- Cameras connected via network (IP Cam) are currently NOT supported
Headsets and Microphones: click here to view our recommended list.
- Windows: Intel i3/ i5/ i7, Core2Duo [PS:- lower-end CPU types may result in poor (lower video resolution) quality]
- Mac: MacBook, MacbookPro, iMac, Macmini
RAM: minimum 1GB
Memory: At-least 50MB of free space available
Bandwidth Requirements: The following table outlines various scenarios and their expected, peak bandwidth utilization.
|Content + Audio + Video being sent||Up to 4.5 Mbps|
|Content + Audio being sent||Up to 4.3 Mbps|
|Only content being sent||Up to 3 Mbps|
Firewall: For the BlueJeans experience, we recommend to open up our ports alongside all of our IP Ranges. Click here to learn about our Ports & IP Ranges.
- For strict firewall rules where all UDP ports are blocked, video/audio will work via TCP port with less optimal video experience.
- Some firewalls, such as Palo Alto Networks, prefer to filter network traffic based on the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN). If this applies to your firewall configuration please use the following FQDN in order to connect to BlueJeans: bjn.vc
- Security: The call signaling is by default encrypted with TLS Authentication and media with SRTP Encryption (AES 128 bits based)
- Audio Codec used: Opus 16Khz or DVC-2 (when Dolby-enabled)
- Video Codec used: VP8
- Maximum Receive/ Transmit Resolution (on browser/ App): 720p HD (1280*720) at 30 FPS
- Maximum Transmit Resolution (from browser/ App): 720p HD (1280*720) at 30 FPS
Minimum Receive/ Transmit Resolution: 180p (320*180)
- Please Note: Resolution and FPS may vary according to Bandwidth available, Machine Specs, CPU Utilization, Camera options and Network Conditions.
- Environment: Remote Desktop (RDS), Server-based Operating Systems and Virtual Environments like Citrix XenApp and VMware are NOT supported.
- Update: Whenever a new update is available, the user side plugin/ App is auto updated (except msi deployment) at back-end while in a call or prior to joining.
Logging: Log files for the plugin will be generated and stored on user’s desktop at below specified locations.
User can send the log files directly by browsing to bluejeans.com/loguploader (with text describing the issue and user's e-mail address) OR manually send the required files from below path, to email@example.com as directed. These logs help us troubleshoot the root cause of any specific issue that user may have.
- Windows Vista/ Windows 7/ Windows 8 - C:\Users\<User>\AppData\LocalLow\Blue Jeans\bjnplugin\logs
- Windows XP SP3 - C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\Local Settings\Application Data\Blue Jeans\bjnplugin\logs
- Mac OS X 10.7 or higher - <User>/Library/Application Support/Blue Jeans/bjnplugin/logs
- User can send the log files directly by browsing to bluejeans.com/loguploader (with text describing the issue and user's e-mail address) OR manually send the required files from below path, to firstname.lastname@example.org as directed. These logs help us troubleshoot the root cause of any specific issue that user may have.