A couple of points prior to using Lync/ Skype For Business to join a BlueJeans Meeting:
- Refer to BlueJeans Lync Federation Guide for first time federation setup.
- Refer to technet article for Microsoft Lync System Requirement.
- Supported Lync/ Skype for Business clients & setups:
- Lync 2010 and Lync 2013 clients
- Lync2011 for mac and Skype for Business 2016 on Mac
- Skype for Business 2015 & 2016 clients
- Office Communicator 2007 R2 client (note: OCS R1 is not supported)
- Lync Online (Office365) and On-Premise Lync 2010/ 2013 server setups
- Lync on Polycom (CX7000/ CX8000 models)- dial string to connect is MeetingId.firstname.lastname@example.org (e.g., email@example.com)
- Lync Room System (LRS)- Support for LRS is limited with below caveats:
When the LRS tries to share content, it initiates a Lync MCU call and the LRS drops from the BlueJeans meeting.
When remote participants share content in BlueJeans meeting, LRS doesn't receive the content.
Now how to connect into a BlueJeans meeting?
- First, make sure you have Lync client installed on your PC and are signed into your account.
- Enter the meeting room with the Meeting's URL and select "Microsoft Lync" or "Skype for Business" found under the list of other connection options.
- Now click the "Call with Lync" or "Call with Skype for Business" button and it will launch a new browser window, with a request launch an external Application, click OK after making sure right Application is selected.
- A separate Lync/Skype window (having the SIP URI in the form of firstname.lastname@example.org) appears. Click "Video" button to start/join a BlueJeans meeting. In Skype for Business client, you will have to further click on "Start My Video" button to start the call.
- You're now connected in the BlueJeans meeting!
- First, make sure you have Lync client installed on your Mac and are signed into your account..
- Enter the BlueJeans Meeting Room and select the Lync or Skype for Business bar to expand.
- Locate the Lync URI in the form of email@example.com.
- Copy/Paste the SIP URI link into Lync client's search field and click "Start a Video Call" button at the bottom.
- A separate Lync window appears. You're now connected in the BlueJeans meeting!
- PowerPoint sharing, whiteboard sharing, and polling are not supported. If a user attempts to use any of these Lync/Skype features, then they may drop from the BlueJeans meeting.
- User joining BlueJeans meeting from Lync client, are actually not connecting to a real Lync client on other end and so you cannot utilize the features like Presence, File sharing etc.
- Recording cannot be started or stopped from a Lync/Skype connection.
- BlueJeans In-meeting Chat is not supported in the Lync/Skype client.