Browser Extension for Google Chrome & Safari
Scheduling BlueJeans meetings has been made even easier with our Browser Extension for Google Chrome and Safari! The extension adds the BlueJeans Helper button to your browser window that enables you to start and schedule meetings with a single click. BlueJeans meetings can be created directly from your browser's toolbar or from your Google Calendar. To add the extension to your browser, follow the steps included below:
Visit our Downloads page and install the Browser Extension for Google Chrome or Safari
- Google Chrome Browser Extension: Use the link from the Downloads page to visit the Chrome Web Store and click the [Add to Chrome] button to install.
- Safari Browser Extension: Click on the [Download Now] button from our Downloads page to download and run the installer.
Once the extension has been installed, click on the newly added BlueJeans Helper icon in your toolbar to login.
- If your organization uses Single Sign-on to authentication with BlueJeans, then login with your Email Address to be redirected to your SSO Portal.
- After logging in, your extension is now fully installed and ready to use!
The BlueJeans Helper
The extension's Quick Menu can be accesed by clicking on the BlueJeans Helper icon in your toolbar:
- Start Instant Meeting: Instant launches your Personal Meeting ID.
- Invite via Google Calendar: Opens a new event in your Google Calendar with the option to add a new BlueJeans meeting to the invite.
- Schedule Meeting: Launches the BlueJeans web app to schedule a meeting; an alternative to scheduling through your calendar.
- My Meetings: Vist a list of all active meetings on your BlueJeans account.
- Extension Settings: Open the Extension Settings menu to view and configure settings; such as changing your default Scheduling Profile.
- What's New: View the latest Release Notes for BlueJeans!
Google Calendar Integration
The Browser Extension can integrates with your Google Calendar and enables you to add BlueJeans meetings to new or existing events as well as join them directly from your calendar.
- Click on an open slot on your calendar and press the [Add a BlueJeans meeting] button.
A new event will be created with a BlueJeans meeting already included in the join details for your participants.
- The type of BlueJeans Meeting ID used will be based on your extension's default Scheduling Profile and can be changed in Extension Settings.
Input the event's details and press [Save] to finish scheduling the meeting.
- Please Note: If you're scheduling a Repeat Event, then use a Personal Meeting ID instead of a One-Time ID.
Alternatively, clicking on the event details of any new or existing meeting will also contain the [Add a BlueJeans meeting] button in the Video Call section. Clicking on the button here will allow you to pick between adding your Personal Meeting or a One-time ID
To join a BlueJeans meeting from your calendar, click on the appointment slot or event details and press the [Join BlueJeans Meeting] button. This will automatically launch the BlueJeans App on your computer and connect you into the meeting.
The Extension Settings menu lets you change the default Scheduling Profile for meetings scheduled with the extension. The profile can be configured to use your static Personal Meeting ID (default) or One-Time Meeting IDs that expire once the meeting has concluded. In additon, you can add customized text for your BlueJeans meetings in the Email Invitation section. To access Extension Settings, click on the BlueJeans Helper icon and press the [Extension Settings] button.