BlueJeans is continually improving our network to provide the best possible meeting quality. If you're seeing poor video quality (choppy, pixelated, etc.) with your H.323 room system, check to make sure:
Make sure the following network firewall configurations are in place:
- Allow Outbound TCP 5000 - 5999
- Allow Outbound UDP 5000 – 5999
Ports should be open to the Blue Jeans IP Ranges:
- 188.8.131.52/26 NEW (added May 2018)
- 184.108.40.206/26 NEW (added May 2018)
Some firewalls, such as Palo Alto Networks, prefer to filter network traffic based on the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN). If this applies to your firewall configuration please use the following FQDN in order to connect to Blue Jeans: bjn.vc
- Set speed/duplex settings to 100/full for the endpoint LAN (via the web interface) and the network switch port LAN. ("Auto negotiation" unfortunately does not often work as you would expect with video units. With the deployment of 1000/full switches being more common, many video units only do 100/full and leaving them to AUTO/AUTO results many times in speed/duplex mismatches)
- If your local network bandwidth is capping at 1Mb, adjust the room system's call rate/speed to 768Kbps,or even 512Kbps. (Picture below shows how setting is made on LifeSize).
- To see if the packet loss is happening on all video calls (not just with BlueJeans), please make calls to test IP address 220.127.116.11 (from Polycom's video test numbers page). If you see similar packet loss results, ask your IT team to investigate possible packet loss causes within your local network.