FEBRUARY 2018 UPDATE - This feature is unavailable, at this time, in our new Desktop App 2.0. Click Here for more information.
What is Remote Desktop Control?
Remote Desktop Control (RDC) allows one user to control another user’s desktop when both are using the BlueJeans app. RDC enables easy troubleshooting for support teams. It also allows remote presenters to drive content on a different machine. Follow the steps below to use RDC (or click here for short training video).
How Remote Desktop Control works
In the following example, John Smith (the "Controller") will take over controls of Bob Thomas's (the "Controllee") desktop:
- John clicks Bob's name, in the participants panel, then clicks "Request Desktop Control"
- John would click the "Request Desktop control from Bob Thomas" mouse icon, if Bob were already sharing his screen
- Bob receives a pop-up, explaining John is requesting control of Bob's desktop. Bob clicks the "Yes, Grant Control" blue button
- John now sees the green "You are now controlling Bob Thomas's desktop" banner at the top. John now has mouse control over Bob's entire desktop.
- John would click the red "Stop Desktop Control" bar at the bottom, when he's finished, or ....
- ... Bob can also end John's control, by clicking the red "Stop Desktop Control" banner shown at the top.
Supported Versions & Notes
- The BlueJeans app, version 1.25+ on Windows and Mac, is required to both initate or accept RDC requests. RDC is not available if either party joins the meeting from the Chrome or Firefox browser, or the mobile app.
- At this time, we do not support controlling of admin apps (such as Microsoft Registry Editor), because it requires admin access for the BlueJeans app
RDC is not available if you have a telephone paired with your BlueJeans app connection.
- If you are paired with a room system, then you can send RDC requests, but cannot receive them.
Supported Key Commands
Chart of all the supported commands available to the Controller during RDC and how they translate between different Operating Systems.