Limited Availability for the Office 365 Outlook Add-in starts June 5th, 2017. Contact your Success Manager to learn more!
Office 365 Outlook Add-in Overview
Deploying the the Office 365 Outlook Add-in? Click Here to review our deployment and installation instructions.
The BlueJeans Outlook Add-in is now available for Office 365 enviorments! The add-in has been redesigned to make use of the new technologies available in Office 365's updated Add-in framework. This new framework allows the add-in to be enabled on end users' machines without requiring a direct installation. Because of the new framework, not all of the features and customizations from the original Outlook Add-in for Windows are available today.
- A full feature comparision between the Office 365 and Windows versions of the Outlook Add-in, please Click Here.
The Office 365 Add-in for Outlook can be deployed using the instructions below based on your preferred deployment method. Please note that Add-in Management in Exchange allows you to have multiple add-ins installed, controlled at both the organization and individual mailbox level.
Deploying to All Users:
To install the add-in for all users in an organization, you will need an Exchange account with admin privileges.
- Log into the Exchange Admin Center.
- Go to Organization → Add-ins. Here you can add, edit, and remove add-ins from all users in your organization.
To add the BlueJeans Meetings add-in, click the ➕ button and input the following manifest URL: https://swdl.bluejeans.com/office-js-add-ins/stable/manifest.xml
- If the add-in has already been installed, you can edit or delete it from the list of already installed add-ins.
- Once the add-in has been installed to your enviorment, highlight the row that the add-in is located in and click the ✏ button to edit.
- Set the User Defaults to Optional, enabled by default and click [Save].
Now all the users in the organization have the add-in installed. Once they restart Outlook or reload OWA, they will see the BlueJeans Meetings add-in.
Deploying to Some Users:
To install the add-in for a subset of users in your organization, an admin can create a Distribution List for them in Exchange, then connect to Exchange Online PowerShell. Refer to Manage User Access To Add-Ins For Outlook (section Limit Availability To Specific Users) and the Set-App Mailbox Cmdlet for instructions.
Please Note: There are typos in the Manage User Access To Add-Ins For Outlook document provided by Microsoft. Every instance of "Organizationadd-in" should actually be "OrganizationApp". See the Set-App Mailbox Cmdlet document for correct examples.
A single user can install the add-in for themselves. It will only affect their account, not other users in the organization.
- Go to Outlook Web Access → ⚙ → Your App Settings → Mail → General → Manage add-ins.
- Before adding the add-in, confirm if the BlueJeans Meeting add-in was already installed by your admin and make sure to turn it off. This prevents duplicate copies of the add-in from running concurrently.
- To add the BlueJeans Meetings add-in, click the ➕ button and input the following manifest URL: https://swdl.bluejeans.com/office-js-add-ins/stable/manifest.xml
- Click [Next] followed by [Install] to finish the setup.