The following are the requirements and installation instructions for admins, if you are an individual user looking to install the BlueJeans Office 365 Outlook Add-in, please refer to our BlueJeans Outlook Add-in for Office 365 End User Installation Guide.
Office 365 Outlook Add-in Overview
Note: Deploying the Office 365 Outlook Add-in? Click Here to skip down to our deployment and installation instructions.
The BlueJeans Outlook Add-in is now generally available for Office 365 environments! The add-in has been redesigned to make use of the new technologies available in Office 365's updated Add-in framework. This new framework allows the add-in to be enabled on end users' machines without requiring a direct installation. Because of the new framework, not all of the features and customizations from the original Outlook Add-in for Windows are available today.
- A full feature comparison between the Office 365 and Windows versions of the Outlook Add-in, explore Windows & Office 365 Outlook Add-in Comparison.
Office Desktop Clients
- Outlook for Windows 2013 (Requires the KB3114349 Update)
- Outlook for Windows 2016
Outlook for Mac 2016 (Minimum version requirement of 15.32)
- If the Office stable channel is still on version 15.31, then use the Fast Preview release channel to upgrade to at least 15.35. Fast Preview can be enabled in Help > Check for Updates > Join Office Insider Program
Office Web Clients
- Google Chrome for Mac OS & Windows
- Mozilla Firefox for Mac OS & Windows
- Safari for Mac
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
The Office 365 Add-in for Outlook can be deployed using the instructions below based on your preferred deployment method. Please note that Add-in Management in Exchange allows you to have multiple add-ins installed, controlled at both the organization and individual mailbox level.
Deploying to All Users:
To install the add-in for all users in an organization, you will need an Exchange account with admin privileges.
- Log into the Exchange Admin Center.
- Go to Organization → Add-ins. Here you can add, edit, and remove add-ins from all users in your organization.
Add from the Office Store. At the Office Store, select the app you want to install, and then click Add. Apps that work with the Outlook Web App are listed under Add-ins for Office > Outlook.
- If the add-in has already been installed, you can edit or delete it from the list of already installed add-ins.
- Once the add-in has been installed to your environment, highlight the row that the add-in is located in and click the ✏ button to edit.
- Set the User Defaults to Optional, enabled by default and click [Save].
Now all the users in the organization have the add-in installed. Once they restart Outlook or reload OWA, they will see the BlueJeans Meetings add-in.
Deploying to Some Users:
To install the add-in for a subset of users in your organization, an admin can create a Distribution List for them in Exchange, then connect to Exchange Online PowerShell. Refer to Manage User Access To Add-Ins For Outlook (section Limit Availability To Specific Users) and the Set-App Mailbox Cmdlet for instructions.
Please Note: There are typos in the Manage User Access To Add-Ins For Outlook document provided by Microsoft. Every instance of "Organizationadd-in" should actually be "OrganizationApp". See the Set-App Mailbox Cmdlet document for correct examples.
A single user can install the add-in for themselves. It will only affect their account, not other users in the organization.
- Go to Outlook Web Access → ⚙ → Your App Settings → Mail → General → Manage add-ins.
- Before adding the add-in, confirm if the BlueJeans Meeting add-in was already installed by your admin and make sure to turn it off. This prevents duplicate copies of the add-in from running concurrently.
- Add from the Office Store. At the Office Store, select the app you want to install, and then click Add. Apps that work with the Outlook Web App are listed under Add-ins for Office > Outlook.
- Click [Next] followed by [Install] to finish the setup.
For instructions on how individuals use this scheduling process, see: BlueJeans Outlook Office 365 Add-in for Mac, Windows, and Web