With the Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave) update, there is a strong focus on security and additional permissions that must be granted for Apps that need to use the microphone, camera, Outlook integration, and Remote Desktop Control. Here is an example of the Mojave permission dialogue as seen from the BlueJeans Events app:
While most users will click OK, there will be some that click Don’t Allow either on purpose or by mistake. If you've hit Don't Allow for one or all of the permission prompts, then please follow the steps included below to add exceptions for the BlueJeans Events app. For guidance on the desktop app for Meetings, please Click Here.
Camera & Microphone Permissions
Launching the BlueJeans Events app will trigger a permissions prompt for both the Camera and Microphone. If you've hit Don't Allow to one or both of these prompts and want to fully utilize the Events app, then follow the instructions below to manually add exceptions.
- Navigate to System Preferences in the main Apple menu
- Click on Security & Privacy
- Click on the Privacy tab and navigate to the Camera and/or Microphone options
- Check the box next to BlueJeans Events to re-enable access to the corresponding device
- Restart the BlueJeans Events app to apply the changes