What is a Cleanup Process?
An Application Cleanup involves the removal of all files that are associated with a specific application on your system in order to create a clean slate for a new install. This article will review the process needed to perform an Application Cleanup on the BlueJeans App for Mac & Windows.
Cleanup Process on Windows
Follow the instructions below to perform the Cleanup Process for the BlueJeans App:
- Open the Control Panel and select Programs & Features.
- Locate the 'Blue Jeans' application on the list of installed programs.
- Double-click on 'Blue Jeans' and click 'Yes' to start the Uninstall Process.
Open File Explorer and navigate to the following filepath: C:\Users\user.profile\AppData\Local\
- Please Note: The AppData Folder is only visible if you have 'Hidden Items' marked as visible in your File Explorer settings.
- Select the 'BlueJeans' folder, right click, and choose Delete.
- Visit our Downloads page and download the latest version of the BlueJeans App for Windows.
Cleanup Process on macOS
Blue Jeans desktop app will be installed in ~/Applications if it is a user install and in /Applications if the admin uses the package to push the desktop app. So cleanup will be needed in one or both directories based on the installation.
- Open the Finder from the Dock.
- Select the 'Go' Menu and click on the 'Go to Folder' option.
- In the text box, type the following: "~/Applications" then click 'Go'.
- Right click the 'Blue Jeans' result and choose 'Move to Trash'.
- Select the 'Go' Menu again and click on the 'Go to Folder' option, but this time check if the app is installed in the /Applications directory.
- If "Blue Jeans" exists there, then right click the 'Blue Jeans' result and choose 'Move to Trash'.
- Select the 'Go' Menu again and click on the 'Go to Folder' option, this time search for the following: "~/Library/Application Support/Blue Jeans/" then click 'Go'.
- Right click the 'Desktop' folder and choose 'Move to Trash'.
- Visit our Downloads page and download the latest version of the BlueJeans App for Mac.
Cleanup Process on Linux
Enter the following commands to remove the BlueJeans App:
Remove the BlueJeans Package:
- # rpm -ev bluejeans
Remove the Desktop Folder:
- rm -rf ~/.config/Blue\ Jeans/desktop/
Install the latest Downloaded Version:
- Go to the rpm location, usually in Downloads
Confirm the Sudo rm file for BlueJeans
- # sudo rpm -ivh /dept/sio/tmp/bluejeans-1.31.23.x86_64.rpm (example)