APRIL 2018 UPDATE - This feature is available in our Desktop App 1.x and the newer Desktop App 2.x
Call Me is a premium desktop audio connection option that allows meeting participants to enter a phone number of their choice in order for a BlueJeans meeting to call them. It offers a convenient way to join a meeting from your telephone.
- Coming into the meeting, click the blue "Phone and more options" bar at the bottom.
- Click the Phone Audio option from the list.
From the Call Me tab:
- Enter the phone number to be called.
- Press the green "Call Me Now" button and the BlueJeans bridge will call you.
- Press 1 at the prompt to join the meeting.
- After your phone is connected, click the green “Join Meeting” button to connect your computer to enable two way video in the meeting.
Note: To call numbers in selected non-US/Canada countries, you must be using the Desktop App 2.x.
Desktop App 1.x Flow
Desktop App 2.x Flow
- Is Call Me available in my area? Call Me is available for a few selected countries. When using the BlueJeans Desktop App 1.x, only US and Canadian numbers can be called. If you do not see the Call Me option from your meetings, contact our Support Team.
- Do I need to unlock my cell phone to receive a Call Me call? Yes. You need keypad access to press 1 and connect to the meeting.
- What should I do if I enter a wrong number? Call Me lets you enter a new number at any time. This will end the previous connection and call the number.
- What is the difference between Call Me and Call In? Meeting participants who choose phone audio can either call a BlueJeans number and enter the meeting ID (Call In), or enter a phone number to be called (Call Me).
- What numbers can be called? You can call numbers in any country where Call Me is enabled.
- Can I enter a number with an extension? No. Call Me can only call direct number.
- What happens if I enter a number in a country where Call Me is not supported? The Call Me dialog box does not accept country codes from other countries where Call Me is not enabled.
- When will Call Me support numbers outside the listed countries? BlueJeans is continually working to expand the availability of Call Me to additional countries.
- What happens after I enter a qualifying phone number? BlueJeans will call the number: No answer: The call will time out; Answer: The recipient will be prompted to press 1 to connect
- Why do I need to press 1? Pressing 1 tells BlueJeans that you are ready to receive and send audio on your phone. If you answer but don’t press 1, the call will timeout and you won’t be connected to the meeting.
- I’m traveling abroad. Can I use a VoIP number for Call Me? Yes, provided that your VoIP number has a country code where Call Me is enabled.
- On my mobile device, should I use Call Me or the BlueJeans app? Call Me is simple, but limited. Use Call Me to conserve broadband data or when your data connection is unreliable, and when an audio-only experience is acceptable. The BlueJeans App gives you options. Use the BlueJeans App when broadband data is available. You can stay in audio-only mode, or opt to view and share content, participate in text chat, see the participant list, see participant video, and/or enable your camera. You can switch between video and audio-only modes whenever you wish.